It’s nearly ski season again and many of us like to book family ski holidays, in which there will be highs and lows with the kids, but here are some short tips on ski holidays with children, hopefully you will find them useful!
- If your children are not at school or can afford to miss a few days, consider booking during the first two weeks of January when you can usually find cheap skiing holidays and the slopes are quieter.
- Make sure to have proper clothing! Good thermal underwear and ski gloves are a must have on ski holidays, try Tk Maxx or eBay to find the best deals.
- Make use of ski schools and lesson rather than trying to teach the kids yourself as this can avoid tears and tantrums on your ski holidays.
- Buggies do not work well in snow!! Bring a baby carrier.
- Bring a pack of small chocolate bars to put in the pockets of your children’s ski jackets, good for an extra energy boost.
- If you are new to ski holidays, why not consider a short ski break to get used to skiing.
- Try to choose a smaller resort to break the kids in gently and see if there are other activities on offer to give your children a break, as ski holidays can be pretty tiring.
These are just a few small hints, ski holidays
with the kids can be stressful, but do it right and it can turn out to be a fun and exciting (and maybe annual) trip!